2010年12月10日星期五

replica Piaget watches steel frame

But other than that first expensive issue, Lady Merle carried me downthe coast like a noble steed. On the road, you’ll see people all sortsof crazy bikes work for their trips. But having a bike especially designed fortouring, with the wider tires, a bombproof replica Piaget watches steel frame, and racks tailored tomy bike, meant I wasn’t constantly worrying about various jerryrigged piecesbreaking. For the first month of the trip, I wished for regular cantileverbreaks, rather than the disc brakes every biker said I was so lucky to have.

Living off my bike and banging it around everywhere meant that the Avid discbrakes were constantly coming out of whack and rubbing against the brake pads.I called them my “obnoxious prepubescent teenyboopers” because it felt likethey were replica Bell & Ross watches always complaining (Penelope was the front disc brake, Gertrude wasthe back). But once I entered California,with steeper grades and terrifying downhills that share the narrow highway withlogging trucks, I wanted to sing Penelope and Gertrude’s praises across thePacific.

Even with a loaded bike, the disc brakes shortened my stopping timeand gave me more control. Axoim PanniersI couldn’t ask for better panniers, especially since theAxiom LaSalle panniers ($83, amazon) come with snazzy rainflys that made mefeel like the replica Louis Vuitton watches Gorton’s Fisherman on wheels. I especially appreciated the bungeedshock cords on the top, where I often tucked my handwashed clothes to dry as Irode during the day. The reflective piping all over the bags greatly increasedmy visibility at night, which was excellent for city riding.