2010年12月10日星期五

replica Chopard watch Junkie

Just in case you were out sipping cider and photographing leaves, enjoying the first ski run of the season, or training for a marathon, here are the top ten blogs from October.The Top Ten1 The Best Gear: Biking Touring2 The Gear replica Chopard watch Junkie: Free USGS Topo 3 Exercise Helps Prevent Colds 4 Ironman Kona: Dave Scott Interview 5 The Gear Junkie: New Balance Trail Shoes6 The Lab Rat: Walking Lunges 7 Singletrack Dirt: Guys Getting Chicked8 Students Survive Tsunami By Surfing 9 Mountain Bikes Barred From National Forest10 Ironman Kona: Top ContendersJoe Spring

When I agreed to accompany my friend on an epic bicycle tripfrom Canada to Mexico on the popular Pacific Coast Route,my previous biking experience replica Concord watch consisted of a 1.2 mile commute to work. Suddenly, I’d be goingfrom nada to 60plus miles a day for almost two months on a 2,000milejourney. Bike touring is more about determination and raw grit than finesse—noone looks graceful on a loaded bike. Similarly,the gear for bike touring is more about getting you from point A to point Bthan about being the fanciest, most expensive, carbonfiberenforced product you canfind. After all, dropping cash to shave ounces from your handlebar fork seemsridiculous when you’re carrying over a pound of peanut butter. Below is some ofmy essential gear, with a few splurges I rate well worth the price.

You can also readthe blog from my trip, or to help us reach our goal of raising $3,000 for WorldBicycle Reliefby clicking hereto donate to our trip. Above right, a photo of my bike on the scenic Highway 1 in Mendocino County.Melanie LidmanKona replica Corum watch SutraI grew so attached to my green Kona Sutra ($1,200, konaworld),whom I christened The Lady Merle, that when I had to break her up and ship herhome I almost cried at the thought of a five day separation. I had some initialproblems with the bike, like the stock chain breaking and dragging the rearderailleur between the spokes (I spent $120 in repairs the first week of thetrip).